Welcome To Catherine Kolnaski -
Where Wellness Is A Priority!The mission of the CKMS Wellness Committee is to establish
and maintain a school environment which encompasses
physical, mental, social/emotional and spiritual well being for
both students and employees. The Wellness Committee will
strive to encourage and educate our community by supporting
and providing resources to help foster healthy lifestyle choices.
Objectives: Faculty, staff, and students will
1. Learn to manage resources and practicebehaviors that protect and enhance their physical, intellectual, emotional andsocial health.
2. Develop individual competence andversatility in movement skills, movement concepts, and the relationship of physical activity
to lifelong health.
3. Identify and evaluate healthinformation and resources.
A. Become aware of healthy choicesthrough presentations, community gatherings and modeling.
B. Be encouraged to participate inbirthday recess instead of birthday cake/cupcakes.
4. Learn about healthy collaborationsfor safe and supportive social environments.
5. Understand the benefits of and beencouraged to exercise daily.