· CC is aleading school in Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) - this is our fifth year as a PBIS school. This school year, CC added to the three rules of Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Safe. We have added Be Your Best. In the beginning of the year, the PBIS Team held a start-up assembly and modeled all behaviors. Throughout the year the PBIS Team organizes booster activities to celebrate positive behavior. We have had a Kind Words and Actions booster so far this year. Last year, the PBIS Team sponsored an end of the year celebration by having an ice cream truck surprise each student with a tasty treat. Also through the PBIS Team, a Student Leadership Team (SLT) was started last year. The SLT is comprised of Grade 5 students who lead the school in positive behaviors. Thank you to Mrs. Locarno, Grade 5 Teacher, and Mr. Carter, PE Teacher, who organize and facilitate the SLT. Last year the SLT created a powerful quote about CC thatreally depicts what we stand for as a school. The SLT said, Claude ChesterSchool Where Possibilities are Endless!
· CC will bestarting after school clubs this year in addition to the already successful Run Like a Girl Club which is a club for girls in grade 3, 4, and 5. The after school clubs will begin in January and run 6 weeks. Please stay tuned for more information.
· CC continues to work with Big Brother Big Sister and have many high school mentors as well as Adult Mentors helping out students on a weekly basis.
· CC provides every student with a daily 40 minute intervention block (SRBI Block) to help accelerate learning.
· CC has started to implement Ipads into the daily routines to enhance instruction.
· CC teacher recommend students as Principals of the Day and give Shout-Outs (positive office referrals) to students who are exhibiting excellent behaviors both academically and socially.
· CC has a committed PTO who are constantly looking for waysto help our school.
Thank you for your continued support.