An Hour for OUR School is the name of our Volunteer Program here at West Side Middle School. It is in its 15th year! Last year our volunteers logged in 3,612.75 Parent and Community Volunteer and Mentor Hours. As of March 1, 2013 our West Side Wildcat Parent and Community Volunteers and Mentors have donated 2,438.75 hours of their time for the benefit of our students! Congratulations! We are more than two-thirds of the way to our goal of 3,800 hours of volunteerism for the 2012-2013 school year. Currently, West Side Middle School has a 16.91% INCREASE in volunteerism!!
The West Side Middle School students, faculty, and staff would like to thank you for expressing an interest in our Volunteer Program. We are pleased with your desire to donate your skills, talents, and expertise in various areas. Your commitment to help us will contribute to the highest quality of instructional and enriching experiences for the student body. We hope that the time you spend at West Side Middle School is as worthwhile for you as we know it is for our students, faculty, and staff.
Please know that your contributions will enhance curriculum, make the learning process more meaningful and enhance our positive school, family, and community partnerships. We applaud your willingness to expend that extra effort for a very rewarding, fulfilling, and somewhat challenging program.
There are many areas in which to volunteer:
- Classroom Assistance
- Becoming a Mentor School-Based Program ONE HOUR per week during school year
- Volunteer in the Media Center
- Book Fair in the Winter (February)
- Bake or donate food for social events Our Annual Multicultural Dinner March 20, 2013
- Assist with the School Improvement Team Fall Festival
- Be a part of our School Improvement Team We currently have openings for Parents!
- NEED 6th and 7th grade parents to help with 8th grade Promotion Ceremony Reception (June)
West Side Middle School PTO
- Executive Board - Positions Available
- Veteran's Day (November)
- Basket Bonanza
- Annual Multicultural Dinner (March) We NEED volunteers for March 20, 2013
- School Wide Field Day (May/June)
- Teacher Appreciation Day
Please contact our Community Coordinator
To donate An Hour for OUR School