GPS welcomes volunteers while implementing our Board of Education policies to ensure student safety.
Volunteers are needed and are always greatly appreciated. If you are interested in volunteering for 1 hour, 1 day or even help at home please contact Ann Stimmel by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Groton BOE has updated the district policy forvolunteers with the following new procedures:
- The volunteer application and release form for volunteers has been added to the district website under the Human Resource section.
- All volunteers must complete the online application via the Groton Public Schools Website that will include a criminal background check and DCF check before volunteering in any Groton school. Click here more complete information.
Pleasant Valley is such a special place because of our parent involvement. Please review the volunteer opportunities suggested below, and contact Pleasant Valley’s Community Coordinator, Ann Stimmel in the school office at (860) 449-5600, or via email at email@example.com.
- Volunteer to help the school PTO.
- Volunteer to help in your child’s classroom.
- Make copies.
- Share a talent, interest, or hobby.
- Tutor individuals or small groups of students.
- Mentor a student.
- Help from home (cutting, stapling, organizing handouts, etc)
- Chaperone a field trip or event.
- Organize or participate in a special event.
- Volunteer to help with a school club.
- Library volunteer - Enjoy working in our library at a time that is convenient for you. Parents will be able to assist with book return & re-shelving and book checkout.
- Fundraisers – Twice a year the PTO runs a fundraiser to help support our school and to finance PTO programs. A committee is formed to oversee the project from start to finish and we try to involve as many members as possible and to make it fun in the process.
- Book Fair – Another big fundraiser for PV – fun for all! Books are creatively displayed in the Library. Parent volunteers will assist in set-up, cashiering, assisting class visits, and/or clean up.